more worried then anything!

so my dh is outta town for 3more days, and i had a dr appointment this morning. ive been having really bad back pain and cramping for 2days now, well i went in and had some really strong close together contractions and they did a cervix check, i was 1cm and soft and thinned.. well when i got home my dr called and said they need me to come back this evening to be checked again .. how likly is it that i dialated more?? just really worried dh is gunna miss the birth,

mayo9mommy

Asked by mayo9mommy at 8:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Good luck! It could come anytime, but maybe you can will the baby to stay in till he gets home. Better tell him to cut the trip short though.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't know how likely it is. Have you been contracting since this morning?? Are they bad contractions?? If you aren't noticing them I wouldn't worry much. If dh misses it there's not alot you can do about that. He needs to work and the baby needs to come out. Worse case scenario you deliver with him on the speaker phone. If you want to try and stall until he can get home lie down and put yourself on bedrest. Don't get up unless you have to use the potty or grab a bite to eat. Good luck!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• When are you due? Is this preterm?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• is this your first?
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 10:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Good luck. You can express your wishes to your OB, but if the baby comes before your husband gets home, have someone record it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2010