Would you takE your dd to your gyno visit?

Even though he delivered her she is now 7 yrs. old.
I guess in a way I want to bc that way when she starts to go she won't be so scared. I mean she is not going to sit where she can see my stuff but atleast know more or less what they are doing.
your thoughts thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have been taking my 7 yr old with me since she was 5 only because I have to.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I would if she were mature enough to handle it. At that age, I would have her near my head so she's not all up in my junk (that can come later) and really explain what will happen so that she doesn't freak.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with her coming. I like the aspect of educating her on the process, so that she's comfortable with it.
    However, personally I wouldn't want my daughter there. It would make me uncomfortable. You do what you feel is best though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree with jademom
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Personally, I don't think it is a good place to take my girls. To me they will have plenty of time to know what is going on when they are older. I never took dd who is 17 now to anything and she knows what to expect when she has to go without ever witnessing my appointments.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My GYN has a strict policy about children who are not being seen being in the office. In fact I've now seen that same policy posted at ENT clinic and dermatology too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would when she's old enough
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't see any reason why she couldn't go. But I don't see any reason why you would need to take her. I mean, she's most likely got quite a few years (hopefully) before she needs to start going herself. And honestly, I don't know why she would be scared when that time does come. But if she does go there isn't any reason she would need to see more than you wanted her to...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i dont think id let my daughter in with me...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't take my 7 year old daughter. She just doesn't need that kind of info or experience right now. When her body starts changing and you have the 'sex' talk with her, that's a good time to inform her of the kinds of dr's appts she will need in the future.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010