Is playing the guitar hard?

I want to learn. My church offers free beginners classes. Just wondering if it's hard.

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 5:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I play guitar...I dont think it's hard but I'm from a musicially inclined family. I would say take some lessons and see what you think of it. If you have to purchase a guitar for the lessons I would suggest a 100-120 dollar guitar...not more than that! Just in case it's not what you thought it would be. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 7:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• It varies by the person .....For me....It was rocket science! LOL But...I am about as coordinated as a Fish trying to ride a bicycle! LOL

If the lessons are free...heck, you have nothing to lose! Go For It!!!! Borrow a guitar until you are sure that it is a good fit for you. Then "Rock the house down!"
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• It was for me and i love any kinda instrument. My fingers didnt coordinate with the strings and notes so i pawned my guitar, no one was playing it and i can just play my keyboard if i want to play music. I think it depends on u and ur fingers on if they will let u. Give it a try and if it works then awesome, if not then they were free lessons any way.
    Florence_Moss

Answer by Florence_Moss at 12:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• If you can learn, you can do it. I found it hard to position my hands at first, but I eventually got the hang of it.
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 10:02 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I play guitar as well, and although I'm no Ani DiFranco, I was good enough to give free lessons a few years ago. The guy I was giving lessons to practiced a lot and would take me to dinner (which worked out great because I was a single mom and a student who reeeeally needed some food!). I taught myself how to play, and I learned basically by getting guitar magazines and reading tablature. Then I'd go to music stores and get books with music from my favorite bands and learned how to play that way. I also say that if you have free lessons, want to learn, and are able to practice, then do it!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 11:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• are there any guitar play group son here?
    caljones

Answer by caljones at 5:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2010