Do you ever spoil one child more then the other???

A lot of people say that parents always have a preference with one child...is this true???
I love all my kids the SAME i never give more love to one then to the other...

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 9:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• not me i treat them the same
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I only have one child, but my parents did that. I really resented them for it too. It was pretty obvious who they favored. Even worse, there were two of the six of us that were just treated poorly.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 9:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i treat them all the same.. i dont understand how people could not!
    vvlinley21

Answer by vvlinley21 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• since my kids are only 19mos apart they're treated like twins for the most part and things are very, very equal.

It's starting to change a small bit.... my son is in a private kindergarten and my daughter is in several dance classes.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I try my hardest to treat them all the same...but I do favor one over the other once in awhile...but who it is changes from day to day depending on what is going on with them.
    mwallace1023

Answer by mwallace1023 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My kids always told me I did, and they always said you love him/her more than me but I don't think I did treat them any different at least I sure didn't try! :-)

~Linda
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 11:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I do think my babies 4 and 2 seem to get away with more.. I dont love them anymore or less there just babys to me.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I don't know that I treat them 'the same'... but I don't love one more than the other. I think a lot of it is that I've grown as a mom as I've had more kids... I go a lot easier on my youngest than I did on my oldest (the middle one was somewhere in the middle)- but it's not that I favour her, it's that I've figured out that a lot of the things that I made a big deal about with my oldest were really not worth the battle. My oldest got spoiled a LOT more in terms of toys... it's not that I loved him more, it's that we didn't have as much stuff, and I didn't yet realize that most of the stuff I thought he needed was useless crap anyhow! I try to be pretty honest with the kids about it... my son sometimes says I was harder on him and I say "You're right- if I could do it differently I would, but I can't. We just do the best we can as we go."
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2010