Has anyone helped a man overcome porn addiction? adult content

My husband is addicted to porn. By his own admission and by the fact that he used to watch it several times a day and sometimes would watch it over sex with me. He has recently tried to give it up. Went 2-3 weeks without it. It was hell for him just like someone giving up smoking. He was crabby and rude. So he finally looked at it the other day and told me about it. He said it wasn't that good or as good as it used to be for him. I honestly don't care about him looking at it occasionally for entertainment but I do not want what he was before. It was like an obsession. Without it he does more housework spends more time with me and dedicates more energy to our sex life. SO...how do I know he won't fall back if he watches occasionally? Have you had this issue? How did you overcome? I just would like to know others experiences.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• This is from my church's website, but there may be some things there to help. http://combatingpornography.org/cp/eng/spouses

Anonymous

• You cant make him stop he has to stop because he wants to. An addiction is an addiction you wouldnt give an alcoholic a drink so you cant give someone a porn addiction an occasional pass to watch it. He has to stop completely and if he cares about your marriage and you care about your marriage there is NO place for pornography! It is trashy and exploits women in a horrible manner and there is no place for it in a relationship. good luck
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• no experience with this situation
    Angela V.

Answer by Angela V. at 9:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Southeast Christian Church has a class for guys addicted to porn, it is not good for him to watch it even sometimes this could end up bad. Before you know it you won't satisfy him at all because what he's watching, you wont measure up to. Or to be able to meet his fantasies. I think he needs help before it's too late
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• What very little porn my Hubs has watched in the last almost 20 years. I have watched with hi. Do you watch it with him?
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• ive never went through this,im sorry you have to!!
    MIASMOMMY1229

Answer by MIASMOMMY1229 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I haven't experience this before.Sorry that I couldn't be any help to you. I'm bumping you, maybe someone can be more helpful then myself. Good Luck!!!!!
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 12:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No I think it is wonderfull.
    If they dont want to have sex with you.
    Let them do it them self.
    GOOD LUCK
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010