for the cruise savy Moms.....

is there ANY cruise that you don't need a passport for?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Travel

• If the boat only stops at US ports, you won't need one!
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You should be okay with an Alaskan cruise, if you board in the US and don't go on any excursions along the Canadian border. Pretty much anything else you'd need one because you'd truly be out of the US.
    Anonymous

• If you don't have a passport you will need a certified birth certificate. Not the hospital one. Make sure you have the correct one. You will also need photo identification. Closed loop cruises (start in US and end in US) do not need a passport at this time. However, if for some reason you need to fly home it will be a pain without a passport.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 11:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes!! Any cruise that starts and ends in the US. I was just on a cruise this summer that stopped in mexico, you only need it if you are embarking or disembaking outside the US.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You do not need a passport to cruise to the Bahamas if you start in the US and come back to the US. The only reason this would be a problem is if something happened and you had to fly back and didn't have a passport. We just got back from a Bahamas cruise with Disney and I had this same concern. We had absolutely no problems at all. You DO need birth certificates for everyone and driver's licenses for the adults though. I want to say that cruises to Mexico and the Virgin Islands were the same too.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'd take a passport weather I left the US or not. It's just easier that way.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 6:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2010