how can i get my 2 yr. old to use the potty?

he knows when he is about to have a BM. and he tells me so i tell him lets go to the potty he says ok but wont go. then he goes in his room to his usual corner and does his business then he tells me potty diaper, co i change him. i tried putting the potty in that corner but he doesnt want to go in it he sits in it though. he will sit on the toilet too but he wont use it Any advice would be great thanks!

rosepetalluv

Asked by rosepetalluv at 6:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just keep trying maybe get him to stay on the potty longer...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Once he goes in his diaper, simply say "Let's put the poo-poo where it belongs". Then take him to the potty and dump the poop out of his diaper and into the potty. Then have him dump the little potty into the big potty and flush it down.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• How long do you keep him on the potty????
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My daughter does the same thing. I bought her training panties (the ones with extra padding in the crotch area). She hates the feeling of being wet or dirty. And when she goes to hide to poop, we go get her and sit her on the big potty and tell her to push it out. Its going slow, but im seeing results.
    Kendrewana

Answer by Kendrewana at 11:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2008