Need an idea for quick & easy craft for 3-5yr olds.

This is for my son's Preschool Halloween party. The teacher said she has several boys who don't pay attention well in this class so it needs to be very simple and fast because it's a short school day. I've been picked Head Homeroom Mom and crafts are not my strong point.

MarianneTv

Asked by MarianneTv at 9:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Footprint Ghosts
    You'll need:
    white foam board or construction paper - google eyes - string - scissors - glue - markers
    Trace the childs foot on the paper and cut out. Place google eyes on the heel part and draw on a mouth.
    Put a hole in the heel, so it can be hung up with the string. You can let the children color and decorate their ghosts.
    Be sure to put their name,date and age on the back for memories.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 9:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Go to Michael's craft store if you have one close and purchase the pom pom spider craft. You thread beads on pipe cleaners for the legs and glue some googly eyes on the pom poms and glue the legs on. It is pretty quick and inexpensive. You only need to purchase the kit, (that's on sale) craft glue (or use a hot glue gun) and googly eyes.

If they don't have it in stock, you can get one large craft pumpkin, googly eyes, yarn, hot glue and acrylic paint and paint brushes and let the decorate the "class pumpkin" Glue the yarn on the top for "hair".
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Can it be a snack? How about pumpkins? How about bread cut out in circles with orange colored cream cheese or circular cookies with orange icing. They spread the cream cheese or icing on the bread or cookie, use raisins or chocolate chips for the pumpkin face, and a piece of celery or black licorice for the stem - then eat away!
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 9:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I took my son to Michaels and picked out these little ceramic models, and some paint and he painted them, then we put his and baby brother pic on it and gave them as gifts.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You should google for preschool arts & crafts. There are many websites dedicated to the topic and a lot of have printable templates.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Thanks everyone or your suggestions! @ LostTheSlipper I love you snack idea, but I think it may take a little too long. I'm going to file it away for Kindergarden though. Thanks!

@dmbutier I think Footprint Ghosts is just what I need. Thanks!
    MarianneTv

Comment by MarianneTv (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Paper glue or gliter glue and whatever you can find (buttons, toothpicks, sticks, yarn, stickers). Just let them have fun!
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 11:17 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• check out www.orientaltrading.com it has seasonal crafts
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010