I just got my wisdom tooth pulled out whats a good liquid medicine i can take to ease the pain?

what can I eat ?:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Health

• If I needed a liquid painkiller, I'd probably take kids Motrin ;)

And probably stick to soup, maybe split pea? That's pretty nutritious!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You should have gotten some written instructions from your dentist about all of this. At least, we always do.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• As someone said, you should have gotten instructions and probably a prescription from the dentist.

DON"T USE A STRAW - you could get dry socket. I've heard it's NOT fun.

Food:

applesauce, spaghettios, mashed potatoes, yogurt, frozen squash mush, cream of wheat/oatmeal, soup, smoothies (no straw!), smushed bananas
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 6:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You should have gotten a prescription for narcotic pain killers. I don't know anyone who's gotten their wisdom teeth pulled and not gotten pain meds. It hurts! If it's that you can't take the pain pills, hydrocodone (as in Lortab or Vicodin) does come in liquid form, ask your dentist. If it's that you don't want to take something so strong, I believe Tylenol comes in liquid. At least it used to. I don't think kids medicine will work for this kind of pain. If need be, get some Tylenol Cold medicine that comes in liquid. Even though you may not need the "cold" part, at least you'll be getting a dose of acetaminophen in there.
    Try to eat really soft foods like yogurt or scrambled eggs. Milkshakes and smoothies would also be good. Just be sure to rinse your mouth gently afterwards, so you don't get anything stuck in where your gums where the teeth were pulled from. Hope this helps.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2008