Opinions on moving to Orlando area, public schools, is it nice to live there?

Hi,
I met my hubby while working in a Disney college program 10 years ago. We moved to Texas to get on our feet and finish college. Now we are really wanting to move back but I am concerned about the public schools. And I hear unemployment is really bad there, and crime? We would like to live somewhere outside of Orlando but not too far. My hubby would already have a job, I am just concerned about all the negative things I keep hearing.
So I would like any advice from people living or who have lived there, anything you can share from your experience. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It is a large city, so there is some crime, but I've never had a problem. I live about 1 hour away. I think it's a great place. Lots of things to do, especially for kids. Unemployment is high, but it is mostly in service related fields, restaurant servers, housekeepers, etc. The public schools are much better than in most other large cities. Classroom size is limited to 18 kids in K-3rd grade, 22 in 4th-8th and 28 in 8-12 Those numbers may be off, but that's close. Also, all schools are graded. You want to be in an A school. It depends on the neighborhood as far as the schools go. Good neighborhood, good school.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If you go to Truilla.com, you can search for houses and apartments, and it will give you school district information as well. Unemployment is bad down there (I have friends in the area), but it's just like everywhere else.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2010