Used washer and dryer

Well, my mom planned on buying me a washer and dryer that I found at home depot.....and when we got there she told me I should look into hope harbor because its much cheaper!! Major disappointment but okay fine cheaper can work.....so what do you look for when you get a used washer and dryer set?!?!?

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• One that is hooked up and working. Test it before purchasing. Run it through a complete cycle. Often they do not pump out or stall on cycles. Sometimes dryers do not heat.
    We live in a military town and often they are for sale cheap or even available on freecycle.
    Check Craigslist.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Definitely make sure it runs first, then google them to see if there were major complaints about the brand/model. If you can get the energy star rating on them it wou;d be a plus - sometimes the older washer and dryers use more energy than the "savings" you get vs. buying new.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Age - If they are more than 4 yrs old, they are not worth purchasing used.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:00 AM on Oct. 20, 2010