i think my 13 week old has her first cold...it took me forever to get her to go to sleep...

and shes been asleep about a half hr and now starting to wake up again...i know she would sleep better if i put her in bed with me (instead of in her crib in her room)....would this be a mistake? what should i do?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im a co-sleeper and I say go for it. They are happier and sleep better while co-sleeping for a reason. Its healthier, and you will be so in tune with her while she sleeps with you, you will instantly know if something bad is happening. I truly believe that co-sleeping PREVENTS sids, and not causes it.
    XxPixiesworldxX

Answer by XxPixiesworldxX at 10:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would put mine in a swing or bouncy seat when they were sick...especially if they were congested.

I wouldnt worry about "spoiling' her when she is sick. You just do what she needs you to do so she is comfortable.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I'm all for cosleeping. If you don't want to bed share, put baby in the room with you or sidecar the crib.

You cant spoil a baby. And a lot of colseeping bed sharing kids just get in their own bed one night and it's over.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010