How can I get someone to adopt my family for christmas help?

Since I am a single mother of 3 children and I am trying my hardest to save money and put things on layaway but I am not having any luck. My car recently broke down and I am using the money I put away for xmas to pay for my vechile to be fixed. Just need an angel to help me out. Id like for my kids to have a good christmas and know that santa didnt forget about them.

mybeautybabes

Asked by mybeautybabes at 10:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• Your first CM question?
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 10:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Go to the Salvation Army
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Well, you won't find anyone here. You need to look around your area for those kinds of programs.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Usually churches help out with those programs. We adopt a family for Christmas through our church.
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Honestly I think this would be a perfect year to teach your children that christmas is not about material things. Take your kids to help serve food to the homeless and they will appreciate the things they already have. Christmas is about goodwill towards your fellow man, not how many presents can you get for your kids. JMO I never stressed out about my kids getting gifts we always taught that it should be about spending time with your family.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 10:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• not to be rude but does it matter how many questions they've asked? as a matter of fact there are many and i mean many CM groups who offer angels and other kinds of Christmas help if your truly looking for help. your local salvation army , angel tree, and most radio stations also help people when it comes to children and Christmas. wish i could but right now we're in a tight spot as well, so good luck hope you get the help your children need :-)

pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 10:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• All I can say OP is good luck. I have no clue where you live or what places they have but in NY they have People to People and they helped my mom one year for Xmas with my brother and I and it was very nice. My mom got us little things from her but we knew the rest was donated and we didn't care! If anything PM me OK!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• First off I don't think she was asking for help from CM members... I think she was asking WHERE she could get help giving her children a nice Christmas. I believe in teaching children about what Christams is all about, but you also have to remember that they are Children, and their spirit can get broken very easily.... So yes, teach them that giving is the real meaning of X-MAS, but know that trying to give them something magical, and from Santa, is okay too...
    Check with your local Family services, they can probably point you in the right direction. Also with your church, if you belong to one, will probably have a wish list, or something of that nature. GL, hope everything works out for you.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Thank You to everyone who answered my question. I live in Sebring, Florida to answer some questions. I just was wondering anyone really knew of any places besides the ones I already knew of. Thank You again. God Bless all of YOU.
    mybeautybabes

Comment by mybeautybabes (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• OP I know your children will have an awesome Christmas even if they do not get one thing because they OBVIOUSLY have a great mommy who really cares about them! It is great to see that some parents still DO care about their kids happiness!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010