why do i feel this way??????????????

ok sometimes i am very happy to be a mom but then when my baby wont stop crying i just feel like wish i never had her and that i wish i wasnt a mom is it wrong that i feel this way

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like you need to talk to your doc....But I know the feeling...
    Anonymous

• Its completely normal. Its called depression and it hits all of us. Just try to be calm and breath and get through the tough times, because the nice times are totally worth it.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• sounds to me like many woman i know who have suffered PPD. just be careful and don't let them baby blues get worse, and when you go in for your next check up , talk to the DR about it. they've heard it all , nothing will shock them.
    pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 10:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• It sounds like a mix of frustration, being overwhelmed, and possibly post-partum depression. I would definitely talk to your doctor. I wouldn't say it's normal, but I wouldn't say it's abnormal either. Hang in there and get some help, it gets easier!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think it is pretty normal to me! Like the others said, be sure to watch it, and bring it up to your doctor. But, I think most of us feel the same way. I feel overwhelmed and frustrated when my baby keeps crying too!
    msparklym13

Answer by msparklym13 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Speak to your physician about your depression.
    ProudMommie83

Answer by ProudMommie83 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I hope I never ever wish I had not had my babies. While I understand depression and exhaustion and post-partum, I don't understand that. I'm not judging you, I just think you should seek help soon because I want you to never regret having your precious one! He/she needs you and yes babies are demanding but you should cherish every second. If you're not, I feel like the baby is going to do without and that's heart breaking. Please seek help soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I know what you're going through. I didn't wish that I had never had my baby, but when I couldn't stop my baby's crying I felt like a failure as a Mom. It was frustrating for me. I wanted to fix my baby's problems but nothing worked. How old is your baby anyways? If it's a newborn-4 months I would suggest the book "The Happiest Baby on the Block." It saved my life during those months. Also, when your baby is crying sometimes it helps to just set her down in a safe spot and walk away from the crying so you can catch a moment to bring down your stress level and to think clearly. Also, be sure someone is there to help you or to give you a break. Sometimes you just need to be recharged and have some "me" time so you can appreciate your baby. I hope everything turns out well for you.
    MommyBird388

Answer by MommyBird388 at 2:18 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yeah, I agree with mommybird. Every now and then, not too often, but when I'm really overwhelmed with the crying, I make sure my 6 mo old son is fed, diapered, and safe, and then I put him in his crib, shut the door and lay on the couch with my ipod and just take deep breaths for 10 minutes. I usually feel better. Hang in there. It does get better. :)
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010