I gave birth recently,(about 6 weeks ago), & I'm happy, but.....

I also sometimes feel depressed. I haven't been getting much sleep. Maybe that's why I feel blah sometimes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Give yourself time, it will get easier.. Just remember, sleep when your baby sleeps, if you can. Ask your SO/Hubby for help so you can take a break. Take a bath, or just lay down for 30 minutes..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Talk to your doctor....dont mess with depression...trust me...
    Anonymous

• Only you can know if its more than that, but yes, the lack of sleep is quite a shock to the system. I would say the first 3 months of having a baby is both the absolute happiest and most stressful/hardest time of a person's life. Blah is understandable, but if you are finding no joy for days on end, its time to see the Dr. GL! And just know it gets easier.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would talk to your dr. I had the same symptoms and was diagnosed with Post Pardum Depression! GL and honestly I had no idea I had PPD until I told my dr. my symptoms and she told me. The meds have helped so much! Please talk to your dr.!!!!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• On yr next doctor visit if yr still feeling the same way, I would let them know because you really need to be healthy for yrself and yr baby.
    frnchvanilamoma

Answer by frnchvanilamoma at 10:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• As a mother that has suffered from PPD and PPP please talk to your dr. as soon as possible. This is not something to take lightly.
    mwallace1023

Answer by mwallace1023 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think sleep has alot to do with it,, I used to have DH let me sleep on the weekend, If that's not an option see if a friend or family member can come and let you get some rest.... i know its hard hang in there......

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2010