Do you consignment shop?

Do any of you shop at consignment shops for clothes,shoes,toys.... etc? Or for yourself for that fact!?! I shop for my children alot and myself too but I find great things for my kids that are hardly used and can barely tell they arent new for super cheap!!

MomofTwo0608

Asked by MomofTwo0608 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• I used to. Now that my children are older I am finding it hard to find things. I usually wait until the stores have sales.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• yes, I love the one we have, I take in the stuff that dont fit and they give me instore credit to go towards the next set of clothes. Saves money in the long run. I also like buy baby gear, it's cheaper and it's so lightly used.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 6:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I do! Though my son has gotten to an age where there is less and less for boys in the shops (He's 4 wearing a size 5)... There are tons of girls things but its hard to find boys stuff in decent condition.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• It's not a consignment store but I shop at Children's Orchard for used kids clothes. They have great prices and frequently have stuff that is brand new with the tags still on them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• We have tons of them here in town but I don't know what they are. So I never shopped them... What are they?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• they are basically high end thrift shoppes. for example, one of the ones here has an old navy sweatsuit for a 9 month old for 6 bucks.
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 10:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I do you can find some nice things thats used and whats the point of spending 20 dollars or more on an outfit that they are just going to grow out of in a couple of months.
    SarahP1008

Answer by SarahP1008 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2008