Finally! im pregnant! but what now?

i went to the doctor and found out i was pregnant

and then the doctor didnt say whats next all he said was that i was
pregnant and then left and tadah here i am asking

jmcwilly

Asked by jmcwilly at 10:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Congrats momma! i'm soo happy for you! set up an appointment with your OB and they'll start your prenatal care, which will be about once a month then as you get farther along they'll have you come in more often. get the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" this book is a godsend! it gives you pretty much a week by week guildline on what you can expect throughout your whole pregnancy through doc. visits up to after birth. then they have a "what to expect the first year" and there are a couple others for toddlers! good luck! PM me if you need anything!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Honey, you are going to have a baby. No smoke, no drinking, good nutirtion, vitamins, Planning for the rest of your life.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Make an appointment for an OB, which usually takes place about 6 weeks. Make sure to drink lots of water and to start taking prenatals if you haven't done so. Congrats :D
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 10:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• congratulations :)
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yea i remember my doc telln me the same thing lol didnt explain what i was gona go threw or any thing so i bought some baby books they helped me alot on what was gna happen on a monthly bases good luck
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You just go about your life as usual but with monthly visits to the OB until you are almost due and then you go every week.

I have 5 kids and never did anything different when I was pregnant.  Life just carried on.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• well now the fun... no Advil for those aches and pains Tylenolwont cure,  congrats

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• no drinking/drugs/ over the counter items and no eggs with runny yolks they say deli meat is off limits as well but I don't know because I ate deli meats and my kids are fine. anyway find an OBGYN and find out your due date
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Eat healthy no drinking.
    you might have morning sickness, you might not!
    No really good sleep for 2 years lol!
    But 9 months from now you be holding your very own angel!
    Congrats!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 2:16 AM on Oct. 21, 2010