Soap burns my daughter's private area..... adult content

I use Dove unscented because she will scream if you soap anywhere near her private. She says it burns. Why is this and does anyone else's little one do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• my girls sometimes complain too. but i have watched them scrub too hard. so i know why theirs is burning
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If I use dove soap it burns me...but that is because I am alergic to something in it. I can use very few soaps I would try using a different brand of soap....Or talk to her doctor about it....How old is she...You might have to go back to baby soap because her skin is more senscitive..
    Anonymous

• Call your doctor's physician and tell them what's going on.
    ProudMommie83

Answer by ProudMommie83 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• try putting a teaspoon of white vinegar in a sink/tub of bath water. The vinegar smells. Diluted with water it wont burn and it will kill any bacteria that may be on her soft spots. By doing that it will stop the burning. Its an old wives receipt but it works. It works for us grown up girls when things arent right in our soft spots as well. This also works for boys as well.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I was like that growing up and I still have to be careful which feminine products I use. I just have very sensetive skin. I'm also allergic to surgical tape. If it says hypo allergenic, I can't have it on my skin. I can't use band aids either. Also, don't put your DD in bubble bath, that gave me fits growing up, from the pain.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 10:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Gosh me too. I was just thinking about asking this question earlier when I was taking a shower. Why is it?
    Anonymous

• Try Ivory soap. It's one of the purest soaps out there.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• try something organic maybe like burt's bees
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• You shouldn't be using soap on a vagina. I'd definitely start using a gentler, all natural soap in general, but you only need water to clean private parts. Soaps will irritate, mess up the pH balance and cause problems.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 7:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The only soap that I use for our family is Melelauca's Gold bar -its very gentle (even for babies) and helps with dry skin -it is also french milled so it lasts forever!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2010