who will raise your children if something happens to you & your spouse?

When my husband and I go on a trip together we always wonder what if something would happen to both of us. I of course want my 4 year old to go to my mom & stepdad because I know they would take care of her but my husband wants it to be my parents jointly with his parents. His parents are in their mid 60's and mine aren't in the best health. And yes we have siblings but we don't want the brother-in-law's to raise her! Who will get your child/children in this case?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• We have a Will now since we travel a lot together and in it has stuff about gaurdians. It is my sister and her husband.
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My bestfriend Stacey is my childrens Godmother and she would be the one taking the most care of our kids, but my mom and sister would also have a big part in it and we have made that clear to everyone!!!!!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My parents, without a doubt. They're still fairly young and love him just as much as they do my brother and I. And second to me and my husband, my son loves them the most. Actually, we're planning on writing up a will soon just in case anything were ever to happen, there would be no confusion.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i refused to give my child to either set of parents .. i could see the fighting between grandparents! i left them to my best friend of 20 some years so far
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Probably my aunt. It would be my husband's sister, since she has kids, but she has 4 ages like 5-11 I think, and she works in a pre-school or something, so she's really busy.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My sister and BIL would raise our boys. We asked them when we had our first son and have put it in our wills if anything were to happen. They have 4 daughters, so my BIL teases that it would be the only way they would have a son. LOL
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 10:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My parents would. No doubt.
    RochaMama

Answer by RochaMama at 10:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My mother and my sister. If my sister is no longer willing then she can get them a nanny.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My mom and I have talked about this a lot because one of my daughter's has a different father and I don't want him to get her. He has never been there for anything and denied her for the first 3 years of her life. So I would want my girls to go jointly between both of our parents. I love them all to death and I know that they would work out great things things for them and my girls would still know all of the family.
    mwallace1023

Answer by mwallace1023 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Since my oldest will be 18 in 6 weeks, she will raise her 13 year old sister with their inheritance.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2010