Can little girl's get infections down there? adult content

I know that they can get yeast but can they get other ones like women get like the bacterial ones etc.? My daughter complains of itching, burning and sometimes it is red. I have taken her to the Dr. but they look at weird when I ask them this. They treated her for yeast and she was okay for awhile but now seems to be back. She doesn't have any discharge. What could it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Could be bubble bath or soap that you are using if she is allergic to it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 10:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i'd go to another doc for a second opinion. good luck
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Have her take showers and not baths and switch to a non perfumed soap. Make sure she is getting all the soap out. And make sure she isn't wiping from her bottom up.
    RochaMama

Answer by RochaMama at 10:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree with the pp's - it's entirely possible for your dd to be getting reoccurring yeast infections or get a bacterial infection for very "normal" things (meaning non "there's something funny going on sorts of things"). She could be allergic to bubble bath, she could be wiping herself from back to front (which is a very common thing with little girls, and a very common way for them to get bacterial and yeast infections) if she's old enough to be wiping herself. If she's still in diapers or if she's in pull ups, she could be allergic to something in them (my dd was sensitive to certain brands - even "good ones"). Does she wear cotton undies? If not, and again, if she's old enough to be in underwear, you might want to look at switching to cotton.

I would take her to a new Dr and have her examined and talk to them about her specific habits and see if you can pin down the cause of the infections.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yes, it is entirely possible for a little girl to get an infection down there. Usually a UTI or yeast infection from not wiping properly or at all. Get her some wipes to wipe with instead of toilet paper. SHOW her or help her wipe until she gets it correct. Take her back to the doctor and find out what is wrong. No bubble bath, make sure she wipes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Could be bubble baths, your washing powders(her underwear), or even not wiping good
    tgeary

Answer by tgeary at 11:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my 3.5 yr old gets red when she doesn't wipe well enough
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Definitely.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yes, little girls can get bacterial or yeast infections. You may also want to stop using bubble bath if you are. Make sure you're not using any soap when you clean her vagina. (Or make sure she knows not to, if she's cleaning herself.)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 7:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010