Do you have one Child? Are you happy? Why do ppl think you MUST have another?

I was blessed with one child and he is a keeper I am thrilled with my one, he is like two! TRUST ME!  I don't have the urge to have anymore, I don't look the gift horse in the mouth. I think I was just built for one child and some people enjoy just the one. Why do people insist that you have another, or he is going to be lonely or he needs someone to play with or, don't you want a girl? I say, nope! Thankful for him. Even if I did want another, I'm perfectly happy in the baby department! Plenty of kids are only children and they don't look lonely to me.

There are so many benefits to having just one, however, I understand the benefits of having more that just one too.  boy kissing mom

websavvy1

Asked by websavvy1 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am done with one as well.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 10:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yes we have one child...not sure if we will ttc anytime soon, but I would like ds to have a sibling oneday. MANY ask "ready for more?" I hate that question. We are happy with one for now
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We have one, and are content with one... Forever. People say we will change our minds, and try and talk us into it... But we're fine with just 1.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yes, I only have one child and that is all I am having. I am very happy with just one. People stopped asking me a long time ago when I snapped back and asked if they were going to have anymore.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i have one..shes 6yrs old...i do however want more...but not until i meet a nice guy, and am married..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i was an only child so that is why i wanted 2.. it was lonely in my eyes
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We are getting ready to have our second together. I never wanted to have any children so when we were blessed with ds #1, I knew I would want another. But I was perfectly happy being a full time "step' mom before we got preg. My son was extremely spoiled & hes only 3 now,esp by my hubby(who has custody of twins from a prev relationship). So if we have another if will give my son a close in age sib to play with & someone else my family can spoil. But as for the gir comment, we didnt find out what we were having & everybody keeps telling me it needs to be a girl. I want another boy, my pre teen twin daughters are all i ever needed lol.
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Usually people say that because the child may "need" a sibling whenever you two pass on and he doesn't have you anymore. It is ultimately your choice though. My sister is happy with her one child. I don't think she can handle him but, she is surviving.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We only have one child and always will. He is not lonely or any other nasty things people say about only children. His preschool teacher tells me all the time he is the social one of the class. He is also 1 of 4 only children in his class. My dh and I have no desire to have anymore. Our son even tells people he loves being the only child. He also tells people he does not want siblings. I would never have another child just so my son has a sibling. My mom did it and it backfired. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister and we do not speak at ALL. Our family of 3 is perfect for us! We all THREE agree!!!!!!!!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I love having one child. Some people fall for the trite stereotypes that say all only children are lonely, spoiled, etc. I think they're just jealous of those of us who choose to have one child!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2010