is this wrong

i feel like i hate my baby is that wrong of me i know i do love her but i feel when she crys none stop and wont stop i dont like her what is wrong with me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• You need to tell someone you trust immediately and not be alone with your baby right now until your figure out what is wrong.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Honestly, it depends on how you mean this. I have two kids (both teens now), and I love them very much, and I'm a good mom. But, just because I always LOVE my kids, doesn't mean that I always LIKE my kids. Now, I can't say that I HATE them though - does that make sense? My ds was a very difficult baby, and there were times where I just felt like he would NEVER stop crying, and where we were both in tears. I hated the situation, but not my ds, kwim?

If it's getting overwhelming for you, or if you're feeling very angry, frustrated, or feeling hate towards your little one, then I would suggest that maybe you talk to a counselor or your pastor about it, because it could also be hormones or maybe just needing to learn some techniques to help you when she cries like that.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• These are classic signs of PPD. As a mother of 5 I have suffered from it after the births of all of my children. You need to find someone that you can talk to about what is going on. The best place to start would be your OB/GYN they usually have great refreals.
    mwallace1023

Answer by mwallace1023 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• thats mean to say you shoulndt be alone with you baby she might feel that way but im sure she loves her baby and to say oh you shouldnt be alone with your baby thats just a stupid thing to say and its rude....................................
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• cont

The important thing though, is if you are feeling anger and hatred or anything like that, that you step away from the situation. I'm not saying you need to abandon your baby or anything like that, but that maybe finding a friend or a relative (I don't know what your relationship with the dad is, but he could be great for this) - but just a little bit of time for yourself can sometimes be enough to "recharge" so that when they're crying, etc, it doesn't cause these feelings. And it's important to NOT give in to them and do anything in frustration or anger that could harm your baby, even unintentionally - for both your sakes!

Also, have you talked to your lo's Dr? Because if your baby is crying excessively, there could be a problem - either something serious or something minor that someone from "outside the situation" could pick up on, giving a very easy fix to the problem.

Good luck!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I wasn't trying to be rude. I'm trying to give good advice. I'm not saying that it's her fault that she feels that way either.
    That's why I said find someone you trust so that they can help you out. You're obviously overwhelmed.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i understand but how do you that u didnt affend this person by saying that........i hate my kids sometimes but i love them more then anything i could honestly think of but could still at times i hate them.. im sure alot of familys feel like that sometimes about their kids but i would never say oh dont be alone with you kid i honestly dont think you really have a right to say that you dont know what she really is meaning by it you know,,,
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I just want to reiterate that the OP says she feels like she "hates her baby." Those type of statements are not to be taken lightly. I have never felt hatred toward my children. You may think that I am being rude, but I'm trying to give her advice and I think that you are being rather naive.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yeah ok go ahead and fight over some girl hating her baby cuz she stressed or tired how grown up of us.. well im gonna be the bigger person and walk away
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think you need to talk to your doctor. This sounds like post partum depression, possibly leading to post partum psychosis. You need to get help fast, for your sake and your baby's sake. You're definitely not the first mom to have a really hard time with a constantly crying baby. I remember thinking that I could understand now how moms end up drowning their babies and such, although I would never ever do it. It's scary to think this way, and you shouldn't deal with it on your own. You need to get in to see a therapist right away, and talk to your spouse about helping you more. Recruit friends and family who can take the baby when the going gets rough, even if just for 30 minutes while you calm down. I wish you lots of luck and patience, mama!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010