2 month immunizations

How long was your baby fussy for after getting his/her 2 month immunizations?

EverydayMomma

Asked by EverydayMomma at 11:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im sure he will be fine...just have the infant Tylenol ready for if you feel like he needs it...IF you use Tylenol...some people dont think its a good idea because of recalls or because of inhibiting the absorption of the immunizations but the Pediatrician told me to give her some right after we left to help with the pain from the needles and then more later if she started to run a fever because sometimes they do that so just FYI...in my opinion the Pedi knows what hes talking about and Tylenol is safe if administered correctly and id prefer my lil girl feel as little pain as possible : ) oh, and they said she would prob take a pretty good nap afterwards and she was asleep before i even had her strapped into her stroller to leave lol....the screaming from the needles is horrific and u will never forget it but the important part is HE WILL and it only last a few seconds....you will be fine : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• mine wasnt...at all! so if youre worried, dont be until you need to be, your baby could handle it like a champ like mine did : ) but if you already did it and your bay is fussy then my mom said just a day or two of fussiness...GL!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think as mothers its our Responsibility to Know what we are putting into our kids.. Babies.. If you look up ingredients in vaccines.. you will see exactly why Babies are Fussy.. And As Far as The Tylenol.. i know a Beautiful young Girl that Took a Dose that landed her in a childrens hospital For the fight of her Life..for Months! that caused complete Blindness/later gained some sight back..,Leopard spots From Head to toe.. Hair Loss.. and Her Body couldn't even handle The Sun after Her Recovery.. Other OVC meds have the same result in relief..Im Just Saying.. It May not Be a Bad Idea To just See If Looking at ingredients.. that Make Up the One size fits all mold shot.. What could it hurt..? if your Comfortable with what you see.. By all Means do what you Believe is Best for your Baby...
    gkomommy

Answer by gkomommy at 11:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i would never allow my children to be vaccinated. look into it further.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My daughter was fine until about four hours after the shots. Then she was really fussy for about an hour. Pretty much screaming on and off and nothing would console her. I put in some earplugs and just held her and tried to comfort her the best I could. She eventually fell asleep for a nap and then woke up back to normal.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Thanks! That makes me feel better :) I hope he handles it as well as your little one! We go tomorrow morning.
    EverydayMomma

Comment by EverydayMomma (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My daughter did the exact same thing as Christina807 it was HORRIBLE.. I cried with her and everything, I finally gave in and gave her some tylenol which helped and she slept THROUGH the night she was soooo tired from all the crying... wow I never remembered my son being that bad.
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Aw poor babies! I'm not looking forward to today! Thanks for your input ladies :)

To the two that are against immunizations, that was not my question. Yes there are instances where a vaccine may be harmful, but there are also instances where not getting the vaccine resulted in a preventable disease with harmful effects or death. I'm not going to persuade you from your choice, you do what's right for your family, and I will do what's right for mine. I have done my research and this is my choice. So if you don't have an actual answer for someone's question, I don't mean to sound rude, but move to the next.
    EverydayMomma

Comment by EverydayMomma (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I LOVE YOUR ANSWER THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• if you have done your research then why are you asking about side effects? babies do not cry for no reason. look into it further is still my answer, and it is not the answer you are looking for, but it is still relevant.

happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2010