Remember when you could trick or treat all night long and you had like 2-3 nice size bags of candy and it seem like every house had candy

how late did you stay out,what type of bag did you have (grocery,paper bag), and how many did you fill,we want to know

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 11:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• I usually had some form of cloth, decorated trick-or-treat bag, and I would trick-or-treat as long as people were passing out candy. The thing is , I LOVED trick-or-treating, but I didn't even really like candy as a kid. Usually, the candy would end up getting thrown out months later. However, now I'd probably eat it all, lol!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I get my kids pumpkin baskets because once they are filled thats it the night is over...it's hard now to get candy...a lot of homes have the "do not disturb" sign or the "no candy" sign...

i think Halloween is slowly getting lost...every year less and less kids go out and less and less people are giving out candy...so sad

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 11:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Probably until 9 or 10 at night. I used a variety of bags, sometimes trick or treat bags, pumpkin pails and pillowcases. I always stopped at one bag.

Now I'm the mom who doesn't want to hand out candy, LOL. I'm handing out treats, just not candy.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I lived in a small town. I do not remember how many "bags" of candy we got but I am pretty sure it wasn't more than one. Also, we did not trick or treat all night. We went around the neighborhood with my mom and that was about it.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would say I came in around 10 at night and would come in with a pillow case filled to the top
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yes, I distinctly remember. Almost every house passed out candy, there was no such thing as "trick-or-treat hours," and it was so much more fun. Now I take DD and it's pathetic. Last year, there were maybe 10 houses out of an entire subdivision that passed out candy, and with the stupid hours you don't have time to go to different places.

Shaynas_Mommy

Answer by Shaynas_Mommy at 11:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• @ shaynas and Loving......... back in the day trick or treating was so much fun much better than now
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i lived in the "country" and i had to walk miles to get 1/2 the candy the kids in the subdivisions got!
    looking back on it all as a parent now, i think so what! I bet the kids that got lots of candy had lots of it thrown away without them even knowing it!!!
    we came in early too, in time to watch happy days!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yes! we would get someone (our parents when younger) to drive us 20 miles into "town" and go trick or treating all night usually to at least 10 but when i got to around 12 we were out until 1 am when every house was out(lights out).

We carried pillow cases around and would even have to switch out for new ones we had so much candy.

We were then allowed to eat as much candy as we wanted...looking back i had a very lax mother...i would have candy for months lol

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I didnt have a bag they sold these pumpkins at the 99 cent store for a dollar so my mother would give us those and it holds a good amount of candy I would fill it up come home and dump it then go outside again lol those were the days i'd fill up like 4 to 5 times
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2010