Breast milk

im 33 weeks pregnant. for about two months my breast has had some clear liquid coming out of it which is normal my ob said well today it is now white like milk could this mean im going into labor soon.

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, that is no indication of labor. It is just your body preparing for your baby's arrival. Completely normal. I never stopped lactating after I had my first child almost three years ago. I am now pregnant with my third, and have been producing milk the whole time.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• nope! your breasts are preparing themselves! not an indication you'll go into labor soon.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Totally normal. Just your breasts getting ready for baby! It's no indication of labor or milk supply. Try not to worry about it, but if it leaks a lot, you can use breast pads. Just don't use ones with plastic, because they up the risk of infection on your nipples, which can lead to mastitis.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Nope, I had it for a long time and didn't have DS until I was 41 weeks. Sounds like you need a new doctor.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It's called colostrum (I think) and it's totally normal.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2010