Im 23 and my boyfriend is 24. We both live lifestyles that arn't the best for children and my bf knows that however he keeps sayign he wants to get me pregnant but he doesn't want to change his lifestyle and I know that it wont work unless we adjust. How can I tell him without hurting his feelings

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't be worried about hurting anyones feelings. Just say it exactly how you just did. That simple.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree with music. Who cares about hurting his feelings? He needs a reality check.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Be honest and open. Do the responsible thing and tell him no.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think you just need to be honest with him. If you don't think that you can change your lifestyles right now then you are probablly not ready for children. If he thinks that you can change, then maybe you can try and change. To me it sounds like you really aren't ready.

I think you just need to be straight forward with him and let him know how you feel.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• make that a third vote here. If he isn't willing to adjust then there's not need to bring a child into it.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• you have to be straight up and let him know you need to get your act together before thinking about having kids, having kids is no joke once the baby comes you are responsible for another human being for the rest of your life so before doing that just be smart and stop doing things that can endanger your life and potentially your unborn baby
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• hunny, my sisters husband wanted to wanted to have a baby so badly when he got out of Navy, well he got out April she got pego and is 5months now. well he decides he doesnt want the house or to settle down. He still wants to be young, party and come and go as he pleases. Just tell him youre not ready yet, and if loves he'll wait until youre ready. Its a big deal, Ihave 3 and its not easy! fyi babysitters dont come cheap/easy anymore.
    adyssonsmommy

Answer by adyssonsmommy at 12:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2010