Breastfeeding in public...What do you think?

Whats your opinion? Why?

Yes? No? Cover? No cover? Cover afer latch only.. Yes in park? No in restaurant?

????????

tiger_tatted1

Asked by tiger_tatted1 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Doesn't bother me.
    I personally would choose to cover for personal privacy reasons... too many perverts in this world.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think a woman has the right to breastfeed her child whenever and wherever she chooses. She should not have to cover the baby. There are way to breastfeed discretely without covering.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• When everyone else covers their mouths while they're eating (because mouths are highly erotic and sexualized in our culture) I would suggest that a baby's mouth be covered while eating.

If no one else does, it's just age discrimination.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i think its wierd & i would never do it
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I say go for it...although I would use a cover...I wouldn't want my boob popin out in public...I would also try to feed before I go out to eat so I did not have to do it in a restaurant...Some people think it is gross so it is more of a respect for your surroundings kinda thing.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Does not bother me either. I do think if you are going to breastfeed in public and you are not going to cover yourself then people are going to stare. It is just human nature to be curious and think that it is strange, so I guess you just need to be prepared for that, if that is what you choose to do.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• we ALL know we have breasts to feed babies...it's part of nature. No one seems offended watching calves drink milk from their moms boobs lol. As for NIP, I was never able to really get the hang of it because of my large size, but I dont think it's gross or nasty at all! Babies have to eat and the mother shouldnt feel ashamed and cover with a hot blanket or resort to a changing room or car.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i say feed your baby...be it in the grocery store, the mall, a restaurant....feed your baby if it is hungry!
    i have bf quite a bit in public, and personally, i am more ashamed of my belly than anything else!
    Please...do not look at my belly, i just had a baby!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• All good, just cove up! Feed your baby! Screw everyone else.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 11:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think this is one of the stupidist debates ever. Many people prefer not to see moms openly nursing uncovered. Additionally, it's a private thing, and if it truly is the intimate mom and baby moment that everyone says it is, then why would you want it on public display? I personally just don't feel that if I had boys, teenagers especially, that I would want them having the option of "natural" partial nudity, no matter how special it is to you. I personally don't really love to see it. Of course I love the argument, of it's natural and moms should be able to do it whenver they please....well being naked is "natural" too but we don't all appreciate it. Using the bathroom is natural, but I don't want to be front and center of you taking a dump and telling people they don't have to look...
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 11:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2010