Getting ready for a party...

When you get ready for a casual party how well do you clean your house?

Do you hide your papers and junk? Do you scrub every room til it shines? Shampoo your carpets (LOL)? Etc, etc, etc. What do you need to do to your house to feel satisfied before you let everyone in to mess it up again?

donnareedonLSD

Asked by donnareedonLSD at 11:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I pick up the hosue sweep mom make sure the dishes are done vaccum and make sure the bathroom is clean...papers on the desk is not a big deal as long as they stay in a neat pile...people are not going to be in my bedroom so i dont care about that...but not to much no more then the regular cleaning..
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Agree with first poster. I make sure the rooms that will be used are dusted and vacuumed plus bathrooms are spotless.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I clean as I normally do - but I do make sure that my nice jewelry is in my bedroom (I have a habit of leaving it in the downstairs bath), and that any financial documents are in our office.

I have hardwood now, but when I had carpet I waited to shampoo until after a large party :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:35 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I go to the front door and then look , as if I were a guest coming in. Then I clean up the clutter. If I don't have time to sort it, I just put it all in a storage container or garbage bag and hid it under my bed. I clean the bathroom, and clear the countertops in the kitchen. That's it. I'm assuming they're coming to spend time rather than check out my cleaning.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I clean the whole house, especially the bathrooms. I don't shampoo the carpets or anything, just clean well and make sure the home smells and looks nice.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010