Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

grants to go to college

i need some real places that give grants, im a single mom now and i would like to go to school and really need some grant money to do it if u know any websites that do this please let me know

Answer Question

Asked by cowgirl856 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2010 in

Level 3 (15 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • By filling out a FAFSA, you will probably qualify for a pell grant through your school

    Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

  • i already did this and got it but i would like to go to school full time and work part time bc i really dont have any family that can watch my son that long

    Comment by cowgirl856 (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

  • go to your schools financial aid office with your last years tax returns and they will help you fill out FASFA and you will get TAP and PELL & probably have everything paid for, even your books & possibly a check back at the end of the semester.

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:27 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

  • definitely fafsa also try It gives grants, scholarships and loan info

    Answer by BigfordBrat at 7:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

  • Fafsa is what you need to fill out. It will give you goants first,etc. The fafsa is for full and part time students.

    Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

  • i already filled out fafsa and only got the pell grant, im looking for more grants or anything

    Comment by cowgirl856 (original poster) at 1:05 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

  • You can also try scholarships based on essays, though I'm not sure where to go to find them.

    Answer by _Tam_ at 11:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.