If your daughter came to your house one day with a boyfriend that had a full arm covered with tattoos and tattoos on his neck, would you tell your daughter to stay out of your life until they broke up? Because my mom did and I think it was kind harsh...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, I would not. I don't see anything wrong with tattoos.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Just for tattoos? Really?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• never. I would let me daughter decide who she wants to be with, unless it were dangerous or he was just no good for her. But i wouldn't just judge someone for tattoos.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 12:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Nope. I'd probably laugh.

I wouldn't tell my kids to get out of my life unless they did something completely heinous to ME, personally and intentionally. Who they want to go around with is so none of my business that I couldn't care less if they came in with a 6-breasted green woman on one arm and a one-legged purple man with no eyes on the other.

I think tattoos are a big huge waste of money that get uglier with time... which is why I don't have any. What other people do with their money and skin is nothing to do with me.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• not at all! Only time I'd be weirded out is if the tattoos were like "white power" or something lol but I wouldnt disown my daughter, I'd let him know he's not welcome. I'm sorry your mom did that to you! Yes...harsh!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No, I wouldn't tell her that, that would make me a hypocrite, I have 16 tattoos and I plan on getting more and DH is also covered, both legs are covered and his whole left arm is almost completely sleeved out....
    KnitWit0686

Answer by KnitWit0686 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• if your looking for new mom you and your boyfriend are welcome in to my house i will not turn on you i love tattoos i've always wanted one i am 53 yrs
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• NEVER...because i am nobody to judge anybody...because maybe that "GHETTO" looking kid will treat my daughter like a queen and giver more love and care then a "NORMAL" looking guy...whoever makes my kids happy makes me happy...i don't care on the appearance, race, religion or sex...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yeah, that's kind of harsh. Did it work?
    MattisMommy08

Answer by MattisMommy08 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• no it would not matter at all to me as long as he treated her right and respected her and she was not in any danger with him..it should not matter ..as long as he treats her right then i am truly happy!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2010