postpartum depression?

I have a 10 month old and I havent had any sort of depression until recently. I just don't feel happy and I can't pinpoint why. Im normally a pretty happy, positive person. I hate feeling this way. My dh keeps asking me if I'm mad at him... and Im not. I just don't want to be bothered. I wish he would leave me alone and I never feel that way. What is wrong with me!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• idk what it is bu when i felt it when my daugther was 4wks old i felt it huge i cry i felt omg im so alone in this idk i felt a feeling like idk i cant explain the feeling though maybe your sad about something depress about something
    mama2010B

Answer by mama2010B at 12:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• sound slike you may suffere from bipolar or even a small bout of depression? (im not psych so dont take my word for it)

i suffer from depression, i use to self harm, attempt suicide, etc etc. and didnt matter how good the world was and how my life was i felt like the world was a hole and i didnt deserve to be here.

what has brought this on? usually i wouldnt think it take 10 months to develop post partum.. is there something else that has happened recently? i think you shoudl get assesed and see if you suffere from depresssion.. usually a good indicator is if it has lasted more then 3-4 weeks. there are great sites that can give you quick info to see if you need to seek help heres one.
    http://www.healthcentral.com/depression/bipolar-disorder-153804-40.html
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• That's what it sounds like. you can ask your dr. to give you medicine for that cuz it's very dangerous. You have very bad thoughts and some people act on them. Let your hubby no it's not him and ask the dr. to see if this is what you have, so you can get help.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2010