When Christmas comes around do you use a real tree or an artificial one?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• we have a pre-lit fake tree...it is just so much more convenient, you don't have to water it or clean up the mess it makes, or worry about having an ugly lopsided tree, and I can put it up right after thanksgiving leave it up till new years with out it looking dead and brown. I do have a christmas tree scented spray that I spray around the tree though so it still smells like Christmas :)
    Baby.Fremd7

Answer by Baby.Fremd7 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• FAKE my dogs will pee on it if it isn't.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• we had real tree's when i was growing up..but when i moved out on my own and had a family we have always had a fake one..i don't think i like the real tree smell in the house so much now as i might have when i was younger..lol
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We go to a tree farm and cut down a real tree every year.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have to have an artificial tree, I'm really allergic. My dad and I both suffered every Christmas when I was growing up because my mom always HAD to have a real tree. Fortunately, she finally found a fake one she loved and it's much more pleasant to visit at Christmas time now.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Bought an artifical one last year that has the led lights on it...this way i don't have to untangle a knotted mess of lights or clean up the mess.

We might buy a real small tree(like 2 or 3 ft) this year to put out either on our balcony or in my son's room.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• As much of a pain in the arse a real tree is, that is how I prefer to do it. However I have been travelling for most of the last 4 years, so when Christmas rolls around I only get to put up my 2 foot tall led light tree. Very lame.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 12:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Neither. I'm allergic to pine, so real is out of the picture. And the fake ones have to many chemicals in and on them... If I can find an eco-friendly chemical free fake tree, I would happily get one, but so far, I haven't.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I love love love going and getting our real tree each year! I love the smell and I sweep everyday, so it's no big deal that the tree loses needles. The hardest part is getting it straight,cause I like a nice big full tree with lots of decorations and lights! :)
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 1:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Always Real... I love the smell of pine.. I hate cleaning the carpet afterwards..
    mrspsanchez

Answer by mrspsanchez at 1:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2010