New Orleans

Who's been? did you like it? was the food awesome? I would love to go one day and check it all out & pig out on some GOOD food and party it up a little with the locals. Any good stories? Good place ya stayed at?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Travel

• It's my home town and it's a wonderful place to "Visit". The food is awesome as well. I moved 11 years ago but I can tell you about all of the places that locals eat at and tourists generally can't find.
    Indie

Answer by Indie at 1:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I want to go there soooo bad. It is a 3 hour drive from where I live but i want to wait till i am 21 before I go....Im thinking im going to go next summer if i can get someone to watch my son for a weekend.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I call the New Orleans suburbs home and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. We would love for all of you to come and pass a good time cher!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Never been and it's not even THAT far from home. Only about a 9 hour drive. My sister has been and really digs it. Said her and her husband had a great time and the locals they met were cool.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Haven't been since Katrina, but New orleans is one of my favorite places. We have stayed at the Omni Royal Orleans, Dauphine Orleans, and Maison Dupry all in the French Quarter, great if you don't have a car you can walk everywhere. We has a great time driving the River Road and visiting all the plantations. FOOD is why most people go to New Orleans, it is so awesome, most of our vacation budget is for food as my DH and I so enjoyed experiencing new cuisine. We start at Cafe Du monde for beignets in the morning, Central Grocery for a muffuletta sandwich, Broadview seafood for crawfish, Dooky Chase for Cajun food. We have taken cooking lessons at the New Orleans School of Cooking, what a fun lunch. The people are so great and we have made friends everytime we go there. Have fun, wish I was going!!!!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:21 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• sounds awesome, you guys who live so close & can drive there should really go! we are too far to do that.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010