when maken home made meat balls do u fry them or bake them?

sandi_361

Asked by sandi_361 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Sometimes I fry them in olive oil and garlic then pour the sauce in the pan to simmer with, or I boil them with the noodles.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I like to bake them but then that's because I am anal about meat... I bake them then add what ever sauce I am adding
    pinkangel79

Answer by pinkangel79 at 12:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Bake...I fried them a few times but i just dont think they taste as good that way.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i fry them now put there was time i boil them in water then add noodles to them when they where all done i would add the sauce it was call one pan dinner
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Neither. I make my sauce at the same time and they cook in the sauce. Best meatballs ever! Bring your sauce to a boil, plop them in and cook for about 1 hour.
    Iluvjandkplus8

Answer by Iluvjandkplus8 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I like to brow them in a skillet and then bake them.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I bake them, just b/c I am lazy lol!
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 1:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i usually bake them and they come out moist then if you just put them on the stove
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 2:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Bake... I make a sauce mixture out of cream of mush and tomato soups. I add rice and a little bit of this mixture with some other goodies and make the balls out of that, then put them in dish and cover with rest of sauce mixture and bake.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 8:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I bake them. I line the sheet pan with either foil or parchment paper. Easy cleanup. I tried making half of them each way one day, and everyone preferred the baked ones. They are more evenly browned, don't fall apart, and taste moister. Just make sure you don't overbake, especially if they're going to be cooked more in a sauce. The added advantage of baking is it is just so much easier to not have to stand at the stove carefully truning while watching out for splatters..
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2010