Ketosis Pilaris

I have this skin condition. Bascially you get keratin that blocks your olicles and makes like mini caps over them. You can pick them off. Usually they are predominantly on upper legs and backs of arms. Mine lately have gotten terrible on my legs. I was looking to see if anyone eles has this same problem and if they have been able to get rid of it, or at least diminish them signficantly. Also if anyone might know if getting laser hair removal would stop it, since there would be no hair attempting to grow.

Pumelo

Asked by Pumelo at 12:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have it mostly on the backs of my arms, and I hate it. I have to keep up with a regimen in order to keep it gone. When showering, I use a loofah cloth and lightly scrub the backs of my arms. After showering, I wipe my arms with an astringent that contains salicylic acid. Then I use a moisturizer with lactic acid, AmLactin. Doing this every day keeps my KP at bay. I hope this helps.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2010