havin more problems nursing my Ady still.....ugghhh

ok so its been hurtin pretty bad when she latches onto my left breast. Well I looked today to see why it was hurtin so bad. Well my nipple has split underneath and its a pretty long wund, its open aswell. So I got the cream to put on it but I cant nurse on it a few days. Now Im havin the same prob with my right beast, just not as bad. She wont take a bottle no matter how hungry she is. what do i do to speed up the healing process??? I REALLY WANT TO CONTINUE NURSING!

adyssonsmommy

Asked by adyssonsmommy at 1:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Speak to your lactation consultant. I know I never would have made it without mine. I had to breastfeed with a nipple shield for a while on one side. It was hard but it was worth it. I feel your pain. One of mine was bleeding once. You can also just try using some of your breastmilk on your nipple instead of the cream. The cream didn't work for me and I was hurting and used it religiously.
    This website helped me a lot too. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nipplehealing.html
    MommyBird388

Answer by MommyBird388 at 1:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• There are these shield things called thera shells that you can wear in your bra, they help get air to your nipple even when you're wearing your clothes and they can help a lot. Give your nipples a few minutes to dry after each feeding, it will help even more if you rub a few drops of breastmilk on them first. Lanolin can help, I prefer the Medela one because it goes on smoother. You can try feeding your LO from an open cup (a little messy, but it works) or a sippy cup, either of those is worth a shot to give you a little break. My dd also won't take a bottle, but she will drink from an open cup and sippy just fine. Even a neborn can be cup fed, you just have to go slow. Definitely talk to a lactation consultant, they are great at helping with things like this, and the hospital you gave birth in should have one on duty 24/7.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I could tell you lots of information, but this is all I'm going to say...

You really need to go see a lactation consultant.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree with seeing an IBCLC, or get to your local LLL.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2010