Not Yeast Infection... adult content

I have an "itching" down there. It only itches when it gets irriatated or friction is involved. I don't have any strange smells, discharge, or otherwise. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• It could be the soap or detergent you use on your towels. I am the same way. I'm allergic to a lot of soaps and no matter what I use, it itches me. It's very embarrasing. I found a good hyper-allergenic soap by oil of olay,but the discontinued it. So, I end up using soaps that make me itch. Sometimes I just have to use just water. Just a thought.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It can still be yeast. You don't have to have smell or discharge. Friction can cause yeast. Also nonoxynol 9 products used in contraceptives,film, jelly, suppositories, condoms, can cause that too.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Hmm I don't use any of those, but it might be worth checking out. And to clarify it's not yeast, because i tested for yeast, and it was neg.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 1:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2010