if both parents work... how come the mom still has to do all the household duties ex cooking cleaning kids ect...

yummlicious

Asked by yummlicious at 1:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• My hubby is a slob, but I must say he knows to help around the house..
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• maybe mom has not told dad to get off his ass and help out when my hubby and i both worked we both did the house worked togther we also had the kids help ,yes the kids help with house i always told there are woman and men out there do not cook clean or fix cars so we are here to teach you and now that my kids are adults they can look after the house and their car ,so time for hubby to help out supper does not get on the table till he helps out
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:13 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Me and my DH work and we both tend to the household... him more then me some weeks but I am in school full-time as well as working full-time out side of the home and he works from home. When I went back to work full-time I laid down the law and told him he was going to have to do more and he agreed. We worked out a plan and here we are. Sometimes he feels like he is doing everything and sometimes I do but we talk about it, we're a team and that is how we approach everything.
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 1:34 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• it wouldn't get done if she didn't
    DeBee13

Answer by DeBee13 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Because most guys think that is our job. Even if we have one outside of the home. But when they do things like watch the kids. Its babysitting.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 1:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I work from home & my husband still helps with the housework. We are partners in everything we do.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• This is a VERY good question that I don't know the answer too I used to have to come home by midnight or later and clean and wake up by 6 and do homework cuz hubby was too damn lazy to make sure it was actually getting done ugh! That's why I quit it was too much for me and now I need employment but hesitate to do so because I know what would happen
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• well I am a SAHM but that IS WORK! and my DH is active army, and he STILL comes home and helps! I guess you got a shitty guy...lol sory but true
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I am not sure I have wondered this also.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• LOL. I ask that everyday! It is bloody unfair isn't it? So much for us being the weaker sex. They won't be able to handle all that responsibility.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 7:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2010