what do u all think about having zest for life?

i have seen alot of people in their 80's who worked great jobs all their life and have alot of money to retire but they still dont have that spark in their eyes. i personally would love to travel alot and see diffeernt cultures all over the world before i die and not just live a boring life even tho it is the norm. now thats what i call living life. life is the most precious gift and majority of us seem to just wake up and work every day and not ENJOY LIFE that is very sad. i dont only want to have memories of christmas and thanksgiving when i am old but have memories of travelling this rock called earth.

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Travel

• I also would love to travel the world and just have zest for life in general; I often dream of me and my family travelling all over together, just the 3 of us. I realized that life is really a precious gift and I want to experience every moment in ways that people never think I wouldn't do. I want to fill my life with different experiences..my SO doesn't feel the need to "experience" as he says; he's content with the norm. I do too. I just think we have different perspectives of thoughts, and I understand that. Either way, I'm yearning for experiences. Although it may not be HUGE, I'm planning on taking my family to the snow to celebrate my daughter 1st birthday. I hear, "That's nice you fanatize about it, but you can't really afford it." Guess what? I'm looking for a 2nd job to MAKE it happen and i just put down the deposit for a place in the snow =P

"Every man dies, but not every man lives." Sorry for the rant!
    audcj

Answer by audcj at 1:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I know exactly what you mean. My husband would rather have the expensive cars and house rather than spend the money on "experiences". I would rather have a decent car and house and be able to travel the world. I have already been to 6 countries but I am yearning for more. Right now, I would like to do some local traveling as well. My goal is to visit every county and every city in my state. I know it will take me a long time to accomplish this but I am loving it!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think it is a good way to go through life
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 4:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I understand what you're saying. But I think that even though some people don't live but simply exist, others have a zest for life that is just showed differently. I may not get to travel the world, although I dream about it often. I think the main thing is to make the most of the experiences and chances you have. My family means the world to me so I like spending time with them. Its what you do with the life you've got that counts. : )
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I understand. We live in a community that thinks traveling an hour&a half away is a big deal. For them it is because this is a community that is filled with poverity. They live from paycheck to paycheck. Being here 6yrs we have surcome to the lifestyle due to minumn wages & bad health. There was a time though, we traveled. We went & lived in Mexico. We started an orphange. We met the President's wife of Mexico at the time. We did a lot of traveling. Now that we can't, we have our memories to reflect on. However, because we live in the mountains, there is so much beauty & changing of the seasons that you never feel like you're in the same place each year. We've enjoyed the road trips, the trails, the long walks, and getting to know our neighbors, our community. Funny, I've been in all but 2 states & in Canada & Mexico. Everything you want is right in your own back yard. Remember "Theres' no place like home" Hope this helps.
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2010