what are some good ideas.. POTTY TRAINING?

my daughter is completely potty trained... for the most part... when she stays at my moms she doesnt have any accidents at night... but when at home.. she doesnt have any accidents but occassionally she does at night.. we make sure she doesnt have much to drink before bed.. and we do the same thing as my mom does when it is bed time.. is there any other suggestions to help her not have accidents at night? i am not too worried about it she is only 2 11/2.. but when she does she wakes up and is upset bc she had accidents.. i tell her its ok and she says she doesnt want pee pee on her.. :) sweet baby.. but what could help her??

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• time. . . it takes time for kids to get into the nabit of waking up to go potty she will get there, i bought my son one of those mattress things that are washable to help with the transition it didnt take long either by a little over 3 he hasnt had any accident and has never had a day time accident! accidents will happen in the beginning though, sounds like you are going about it all right too, be reassuring and supportive and tell her she will get better and not to worry! good luck!!!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You might try waking her up an hour or so after she goes to sleep to take her to the potty. You can do it again at some point before the wakes up for the morning, too. this will help her to know that not only is it okay for her to get up in the middle of the night to pee (or poo), but it's actually expected that she will. Give this a shot. You are wise to eliminate pre-bedtime fluids. Give it about a 2 hour window. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• my son is the same way and we have started not letting him drink 3 hours b4 bed and making sure he atleast trys to pee before bed and it seems to b helping alot!
    Jess122707

Answer by Jess122707 at 1:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Have Grandma buy her some new sheets with a design she likes (Dora or Barbie or whatever). Tell her how much we want to keep these clean! Worked for my son like a charm!
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2010