What is the age to stop breast feeding?

just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I guess it should be b/w 3 to 4 years, leave it immediately when their teets arrive check this out - http://www.breastfeeding.com/
    patricawright

Answer by patricawright at 1:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• When you and the child are ready.
    If that's at a month, a year, or 5yrs, or more, it should be b/t the mother and child.

Early weaning isn't the norm in other places of the world, just the sex/breast obsessed US.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 1:35 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• When you guys are ready. World Health Organization and Erican Academy of Pediatrics recommend at least 2 years of breastfeeding. It's ultimately a very personal decision. My own plan with my son was at least a year, and we'd see from there. We went about 18 1/2 months. I would say minimum a year, JMO.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I stopped at 15 months with my first born son. Not sure about this one, but it will be at least till he is a year old.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 1:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Most pediatricians will say at least 6 months up to a year. World health organization recommends until age 2. I don't see how breastfeeding until age 2 would be nutritionally necessary in the united States, but if you want to nurse that long, go for it. In my opinion, even if you only nurse for a few weeks it's better than nothing. I think at least giving it a shot is well worth it, if it works out and you can nurse for 6 months to a year or more, that's great. If you choose not to and decide to formula feed, that's great, too. As long as the baby is fed that's all that matters.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i would say like a year or two
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• 1
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 4:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• well after it gets teeth no boobie id have to pump lol but other than that id say whenever ur ready
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 5:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The WHO recommends up to two years and as far beyond as mom and baby both want to. But I think it's a personal choice.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• 23 mts. TOPS
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2010