The Lovely Bones

Do you love this movie? I do......it reminds me of "What Dreams May Come".....

HaydensMama07

Asked by HaydensMama07 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• The book was really hard to read....
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Hard to follow, or hard to take?
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i couldnt finish the book after the elbow part but no i dont love the movie, but i like how the guy got his in the end, what dreams may come is that with robin williams?
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:35 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I read the book first and I didn't much care for it. I agree that it was hard to read (not hard to take). I don't know if they just jumped around too much or that it was so dark... I know the subjects dark anyway but there was just no color to the book. Just my opinion though. Some books can evoke emotion... this one really couldn't the way it should have.

So because I didn't like the book, I didn't like the movie either. The movie, to me, was a little better than the book.
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 1:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes ma'am, it is...I love "What Dreams May Come"...and to be quite honest, I didn't even know "The Lovely Bones" was a book...looks like I'll have to read it.

If you don't mind me asking, why couldn't you finish the book and why didn't you like the movie?
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It was messed up...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• WOW shellakers! You never hear anyone say "the movie was better than the book"....maybe I won't read it!
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I hated the movie. The book was amazing, but the movie was crap in my opinion. I'm always disappointed when they make a book I love into a movie, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Ya know Mrs.Bat, I have to agree with you. Every book I've read that was turned into a movie, the movie paled in comparison....except "The Notebook". My ex-best friend recommended I read the book first, but the movie was so on key to me that I regretted reading the book first.
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 1:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The Notebook and A Walk to Remember were both really good as movies. I think it's because Nicholas Sparks writes in such a way that everything that happens is so realistic and could easily happen in real life, so it's easier to replicate for a movie, with the right people. I think they also made Message in a Bottle into a movie, but I can't remember if it was actually based on the book, or if the two just shared a title, since I haven't seen it in years.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2010