HAS YOUR DOG WORN PAMPERS?

HAS YOUR DOG WORN PAMPERS? MINE IS SO HARD TO TRAIN.
WHEN SHE GETS EXCITED SHE PEES..DO YOU THINK PUTTING A PAPMPER COULD WORK WHILE SHES IN THE HOUSE?CUTTING A HOLE IN IT FOR THE TAIL AND BUTT..
THEN WHEN HE GOES OUTSIDE WE CAN TAKE OFF ..
HAS ANYONE TRIED THAT =/

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pets

• Sounds like a plan to me! They do sell diapers for dogs in heat. That may be an easier alternative!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Well I just found this out not long ago....I had heard about people using a diaper on their dogs who were in heat..well my baby pup who is over a year now went into her second heat....I thought I hated to see all that blood getting all over our furniture and bedding so I went to Petsmart. I actually found a diaper and panty liners. I bought her the extra small diaper that has a lining in it but you can get diaper garmet pads to go in it so you don't have to wash the diaper. This diaper thing goes around the dogs legs and has a place for it's tail to poke out. The brand I bought was....Simple solution diaper and Simple solution diaper garment pads. They work great...you could use this on your dog and for the poo part get those puppy pad liners you put on the floor and teach it to use that. I hope this helps!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• HEYY SORRRYY IN MY QUESTION I MEANT TO PUT HE
    ITS A BOY..BUT HE PEES ON THE BED AND FLOOR AND WE HIT HIM TRYING TO
    TEACH HIM NOT TOO..BUT WHEN HE GETS SCARED HE PEES TOO!! UGH ITS FRUSTRATING =/
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Well, even if he's a boy they make a diaper especially for a boy dog with the liner where it needs to go...so you'll be all covered for sure. Instead of hitting the dog (not saying you do in a bad way, but I know what you mean)...next time he pees on something get that pad and let it soak up some of the urine to put it on the pad....and everytime he pees somewhere other then the pad...just take him over to the pad...he will eventually get the idea!!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• THANKS FOR THAT IDEA =)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Your very welcome!!! Good luck, I know you'll do a fine job teaching your pet!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I make my own "belly band" for one of our dogs who has "marking" issues. grr. you can order them online or make them very simply!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• That's just Lazy..just get on his ass..i have the same problem with my 13 wk old fml pup..i just have to keep getting on her ass...and hes not peeing because he's excited..its a submissive thing.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:38 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• We tried doggy diapers on ours when we first got her, but she kept getting out of them.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:48 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Submissive wetting is a common behavior. It means that he is either fearful or is simply a dog that would otherwise be lower in a dog pack. Spanking him when he does it will not improve the situation. Excitement on your part exacerbates the reaction from him whether positive or negative. When you first come home, put the dog outside without talking to him. What type of dog is this? It's very common in Cocker Spaniels. We have two cockers and one has this habbit when she knows that she has done something wrong. If I get onto her she squats and tinkles on the floor. It has improved with age and she doesn't do it when we come home as long as we put her outside before talking to her.
    aggiechristie

Answer by aggiechristie at 12:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2008