How do you deal with....?

The fact that your DH or SO is a momma's boy...
he constantly goes to her first and listens to her and does what she says without coming to you...without knowing he does it...

blountslady3

Asked by blountslady3 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Omg my SO is like that! The hard thing for me is, we live with her. I just flat out told my guy that I should be his number one in his life and he needs to come to me before his mother. Not trying to sound controlling, but it makes me mad when my SO does that... Another thing I think is "Is he married to me or his mother?" Hope this helps. :)
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 3:17 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• well dont alllow that to happen
    mama2010B

Answer by mama2010B at 3:18 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• to fluppyducky sry I am new here...we moved in with her in August...I am pulling out my hair! :( it's good to know I am not alone
    blountslady3

Comment by blountslady3 (original poster) at 3:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The trick is to make him realize he's doing it. If he doesn't see it, then start pointing it out each time he puts her first. Do it in such a way that he doesn't feel attacked, or else he will turn defensive and probably stay blind to his actions.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 4:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I don't, I actually left my ex-fiance for this reason.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010