How do you over come you baby turning 10 years old?

My little girl is now 10 years old as of yesturday. Wow where does the time go??? I will have another one turning 10 next year. How did you feel when your little ones turned 10? Did you cry? Were you happy? I'm personally happy that she is growing into a young lady.

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 3:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My youngest is 12 and my oldest is 16. I have a really hard time remembering that not because they don't act their age, more because I don't want them to grow up. The time does go so fast and I think every new milestone is just a reminder of that, while it makes me so proud and excited to watch them as they grow into young men it is hard as well.
    It wasn't until my oldest was 12 I think that things really started to hit me. When he turned 14 I let him go to Europe with the People to People program - that was pretty much it for me, that's when the realization that he is growing up hit me hard. Now he's 16 with a girlfriend and that's another tough one for me, I cried after he left for homecoming with her.
    I hold on to my 12 year old still being 12, but next year he starts Junior High. I have to agree with FootballMom though...love them and enjoy the ride. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My youngest is 10; my oldest 17 and making plans for college. It is sad to see them grow so fast but it is SO exciting at the same time ... to watch them grow and learn and experience the world through their eyes. Just love them and enjoy the ride!!!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have 4 over 10 and my baby is 9. Its hard but then again its hard just knowing my son is considered at "tween" already. I didn't cry. nothing changes,we all grow a little ,just hang in there it gets (A LITTLE ) easier
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It seems they grow up so quickly, where does the time go? I just try to appreciate every age as it comes.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My baby will turn 18 next February! Yikes, the time goes fast. At ten, we celebrated the fact that he was getting older. As much as I love seeing them grow up, its still a little sad that he's not my little boy anymore. : )
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2010