How do you raise a newborn girl & 14 mo. year old girl at the same time(just some advice please...its hard)?

johnandtabby

Asked by johnandtabby at 3:27 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give them as much individual attention as possible. Be patient but consistent with them. Do only the housework that absolutely has to get done each day and have the 14 month old be your "helper" with things like putting laundry in the washer, etc. Get your SO to help as much as possible......teamwork. Try not to stress out over the little things. Do something in the evenings for your self like a relaxing bath, read a good book, do stretching...........anything that will help you have a few minutes to yourself. Best wishes
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Patience sweety. I had a 9 month old and a new born and it's hard but you take it one day at a time. I would suggest getting them on the same schedule.  GL & GB momma you can do it.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Maybe you can get some help? From your mom or a close friend a few days a week? Maybe try to put one in day care a few days a week as well. That might help and give you a little time to relax.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 4:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i had a newborn and a 13month old and i spent a lot of time in the 13month olds room just sitting on the floor while she played and i kept the newborn in a swing or bouncy chair. i would have a book for me to read and it was actually kind of nice. in the evening when both girls were in bed i would take some me time and shower, watch tv, and relax. also see if maybe a local daycare does a moms day out. i loved doing that cause i could get shopping and errands done. there were moments when it was hard, but now that they are 5 and 6 i kinda miss it. of course i now have a 2yr old and a 11month home with me.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2010