uterus lining shedding during period.... adult content

since i have had my son which was by c-section in july of 09 everytime i have a period big chunks of skin like stuff is comming out... its fleshy almost looks like chicken skin. its disgusting. i have never had this happen before and was wondering if it was normal, my dr keeps saying it is bcuz of hormones but shouldnt i be back to normal by now, he wont even do a papsmear. im going to see another dr in 2 weeks but wanted to know if any of you had this problem.

Asked by ALLIE637 at 5:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• I have not had this problem but you are right in getting another Dr's opinion. Ask a lot of questions and ask what proceedures can be done to find out what is happening. Good luck!

Answer by elizabr at 6:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• At times I get large clots during my period and I haven't been pregnant in about 5 yrs (miscarriage). I was also told it was due to hormones and in my studies to become a WHNP I have read it is due to low progesterone. Are you also experiencing painful cramping? Or an increase in PMS? These are also effects of low progesterone. I wld DEFINITELY bring the clots and any other symptoms up to your new doctor. Good luck!

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 9:01 AM on Oct. 20, 2010