Will a bath harm a cat?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:22 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pets

• I was a professional dog/cat groomer for 10 years. Alot of people brought in their cats every month for a bath. It makes their coat soooo much softer and gets rid of alot of shedding. Never saw any bad effects on the cats
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 6:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No, but it will definitely piss them off.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 6:35 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No but it will piss them off
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No, but the cat might harm you! lol Just make sure you dry them off as much as possible.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The cat will hate it, but sometimes they do need one. They generally clean themselves, so only if they get into something gross or have fleas do they need one. You need to make sure to use the right shampoo. If they have sensitive skin (due to the cat and/or their breed) then use a Hypoallergenic shampoo. If they don't then any shampoo by length of their hair would work.

And yes, dry them off thoroughly before letting them run off. If you can manage to hold onto them that long.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No. I have given my cats many baths, and they are fine. They're just not too fond of them.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• not unless you want to be clawed to death!!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• no just dont get water or soap in thei eyes
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 2:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No. I bet there are some like like it. My oldest DD had 2 Cats in her life time. They loved to sit on the tub and lap some water. They might have tolerated a Bath? But if you give them one, you have to know your own cat,. Most times I never saw a cat that needed one. Unless ones living on a farm and smelled. Otherwise I think cats are exceptionally Clean and Great!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No Their is some cats/breeds that actually like water.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010