How do I find grants and scholarships

I am not sure how to find grants and scholarships. I have done internet searches, searched my website, etc. I have used different scholarsip websites (such as fastweb) and it has proven to have been nothing but a waste of time. Where else can I look? How did any of you get your scholarships or grants and where did you find them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Cappex.com -

mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 6:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i talked to my guidence counselor in hs, and i talked to my dean in college. they each had a list of scholarships and i just applied to the ones i qualified for.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You should talk to your guidence counselor. There are different scholarships and financial aid options that the school themselves offer. As well as different scholarships and grants that the government offers. See if you qualify for the "Pell Grant".
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'm in college now so I definitely know your struggle. My college had a website filled with scholarship opportunities and I got my only scholarship from my church actually. You'd be surprised the amount of places that give out scholarships locally.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Talking to a guidance counselor about your options is the best way to go. They know all the good places to find scholarships and grants. Sometimes, when you apply for financial aid, grants are automatically applied to you if you're eligible. The one grant that almost everyone is eligible for is the Pell Grant.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The best would be to talk to the admissions councelor at the college or university you want to attend.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Grants: www.donorsforum.org
    Scholarships: www.fastweb.com

Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2010