no more bottles?

my son is having a hard time with the sippy cup. he doesn't want to hold it, just like he never wants to hold his bottle either. what should i do? and what do i do at 4 or 5 in the morning when he wakes up screaming for his bottle?

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 7:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is this child? It is obvious that they are not ready to wean if they are still waking up in the middle of the night for a feeding..
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 7:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• just turned one yesterday
    mandielynn23

Comment by mandielynn23 (original poster) at 7:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• what time do u put him to bed? maybe he needs to go a little later and have a snack before, so he doesnt wake up hungry at 5am
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would give him a bottle.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 8:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• They have narrow sippy cups with the rubber tips, it looks a lot like a bottle but the tip is slightly different. We started our 14 month old on it around 6 months. We only used it for juice and water in between her three bottles of formula a day. By 7 months she just wanted the sippy cup. Now she likes to use the Nuby sippy cups. She also has a few that have lids with straws. During meal time she uses a regular cup.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I've heard to start the process of going into sippy cups, that you can put the formula into that as opposed to the bottle.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I started the process at 6 months. By 8 months he stop taking the bottle and just sippy. I had to pump breastmilk so I would just put it in a sippy cup.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2010